Saturday 21 May 2016

Creativity

Finnabair has a challenge on her blog about quotes and how they inspire us to be creative. There are lots of words that inspire me, but I think the ones that have stayed with me and stuck in my head and still make me stop and think, aren't really a quote. Infact, they're a piece of graffiti I first saw nearly 20 years ago- "this inertia that keeps me, hides me, kills me". It was spray painted on a car park at my old university building and I read them every day for the next 7 years. The words eventually started to fade and the car park has since been demolished but still the words linger in my head. They're not the most cheerful words and I don't fully understand what sentiment inspired the graffiti artist when they sprayed them. There's even something slightly uncomfortable about the words, but they drive me on: to understand better, to keep trying, to not give up and never let things get me down. I try to follow this idea through all things in my life, including creativity. If at first something doesn't work or doesn't turn out how I want, I start over and try again.
This is my page inspired by Finnabairs challenge.




Created using lots of paints, sprays, diecut cogs, flowers and a lot of mess!



3 comments:

  1. Love your quote. Unusual but strong. Adore your project visualising your inner drive! Great job! Thanks for playing along with Finnabair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Thank you for playing along with us at Finnabair blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative! Wonderful piece!

    ReplyDelete